We are continuing our Enneagram Series with Beth McCord talking about How to Have A Thriving Relationship with an Enneagram 8. For the next several weeks Beth will be breaking down some real, practical tips for being married to each Enneagram number.
If you are married to a 8 this is YOUR episode. But even if you aren’t married to a 8, we know you will find this episode helpful in learning more about your 8 friends. Part of loving people is knowing people. So use this series as a tool to know your people better, understand them deeper, and love them better.
Beth McCord founded ‘Your Enneagram Coach’ and has been an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher for over 17 years. She is seriously the best of the best so we are so blessed to have her share her time and expertise with us.
Having been trained by the best Enneagram experts and pouring hundreds of hours into advanced certifications, Beth is leading the industry in simplifying the deep truths of the Enneagram from a Biblical perspective. Beth does one-on-one coaching, in-person events and workshops and online courses. She also offers training and support for those interested in becoming an Enneagram coach. So make sure you give her a follow on Instagram @yourennegramcoach and check out her website yourennegramcoach.com for more great info.
We pray you enjoy learning more about 8s in this episode!
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Type 8s are very decisive and have great leadership skills.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s move things forward and are powerful change agents in the world.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s are very intense, direct, and blunt.” - Beth McCord
- “A Type 8s core fear is to be weak, powerless, harmed, controlled, vulnerable, and left at the mercy of injustice.” - Beth McCord
- “A Type 8s core desire is to protect themselves and those in their inner circle.” - Beth McCord
- “A Type 8s inner circle of people is usually very small.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s can be described as a giant snowplow; their directness and intensity can be intimidating to those in the way of where they are trying to go.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s are extremely big-hearted and tender but they don’t always show it with a tough and blunt exterior.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s long to hear ‘You will not be betrayed.’” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s are the most authentic on the enneagram; what you see is what you get.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s want their intensity to be met with intensity; they do not fear conflict.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s are confident under pressure, they can say what needs to be said when it needs to be said.” - Beth McCord
- “When Type 8s are not doing well they can be demanding, insensitive and quick to anger.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s do not like avoiding problems, they want to tackle them head on.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s do not like it when someone is not straightforward or trustworthy.” - Beth McCord
- “Honesty and straightforwardness are so important when you’re interacting with a Type 8.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s want to know that you have their back and your own back in an argument.” - Beth McCord
- “If you’re the spouse of a Type 8, it’s important that you never betray or blindside them, so you need to be very careful in who you approach in getting help for your relationship.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s want to know that you’re able to be vulnerable and open with them.” - Beth McCord
- “When your Type 8 opens up to you emotionally, recognize that that is a big deal.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s defensive mechanism is denial.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s have no problem putting themselves in harm's way to protect those that are at the mercy of injustice.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 8s tend to know how people are gifted and they know how to put them in positions where they will succeed.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.
- Find everything you need at becomingus.com! Including the course for YOUR marriage’s Enneagram combination. Beth & Jeff have a ‘Becoming Us Course’ for each couple type combination. That is 45 courses customized for each couple type combination. They go deeper into the “dance” (relational dynamics) and give you practical resources and insights to help transform your marriage.
- Buy ‘Becoming Us’ today!
- Not sure what your Enneagram Type is? You can take the free assessment here! Also be sure to take the FREE MARRIAGE ASSESSMENT here.
- Learn more about each type with this FREE SUMMARY!
- Check out more great insights by Beth on her blog.
- Discover your Enneagram number with the Discovering You course. Already know your Enneagram Type? Then it’s time to take a deeper dive with the Explore You course.
- You can get some one-on-one coaching with Your Enneagram Coach here.
- Want to talk about sex?! Take our Love Making Survey to open up the way for you and your spouse to work towards better sex and intimacy in marriage! This month’s resource is our Love Making Survey and it is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse. This survey is a nonthreatening way to evaluate your sex together. The questions are designed to get you thinking about all aspects of your love making and to shed light on ways your sex could be more satisfying.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!