In this episode Dan & Mikayla Ockey join Dr. Kim to talk about how to handle this financial crisis we are in. Dan & Mikayla (Kay) are founders of Centsei online personal finance courses for couples. They are passionate about helping couples make wise decisions with their money, work together as a team as married couples, and work towards financial freedom.
Today share some practical tips on how to navigate these weird financial times many of us are in due to the Coronavirus. Dan & Kay share some encouraging and helpful info in this episode.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “It’s more essential to have an emergency fund that covers your family's expenses for six months than ever before.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Now is the time to get your personal finances in order and to have those financial conversations you’ve been meaning to have with your spouse.” - Dan Ockey
- “Make sure you are on the same page financially before starting a budget with your spouse. If you are not it will be a point of contention.” - Kay Ockey
- “When we have a shared vision of our financial goals as a couple we are more willing to make sacrifices or have understanding on why certain things need to be included in the budget.” - Dan Ockey
- “A budget without a goal is just an empty plan.” - Dan Ockey
- “When you agree on your financial goals as a couple, then your budget is the tool to help get you there.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Don’t give up on your budget. Persevere until it becomes a habit.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Budgeting doesn’t have to be difficult anymore.” - Dan Ockey
- “Stick to your budget plan, don’t make rash decisions based on fluctuating financial markets.” - Dan Ockey
- “If you weren’t prepared and intentional to take advantage of opportunities before this crisis, you’re not prepared to take advantage of them now.” - Dan Ockey
- “If you have a financial roadmap then you don’t have to be afraid because you know where you are going and you know how you will get there.” - Dan Ockey
- “Avoid the get-rich-quick schemes that are going to start popping up.” - Dan Ockey