Dr. Kim has been married for 50 years and has been a Marriage Counselor for over 40 years. Over the years he has seen some central mistakes couples make that hurt their marriage. In this series we will be breaking down the top ten marriage mistakes he sees.
In this episode Dr. Kim and Christina discuss Marriage Mistake #9: Being Selfish or Greedy.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “It’s really hard to live with someone who wants things to go their way all the time.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Every couple at some point is prone to greed and selfishness because we’re sinners.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Selfishness is the root of a lot of other sins that cause issues in marriages.” - Christina Dodson
- “You will not have a good marriage if it is a self-centered marriage.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “If you want your marriage to be what you dreamed it would be when you said ‘I do,’ you can’t let greediness or selfishness take over.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The more selfish you are, the less you realize it.” - Christina Dodson
- “Don’t fight selfishness with selfishness.” - Christina Dodson
- “Ask your spouse, ‘How are you perceiving me?’ and be prepared to listen and receive what your spouse says.” - Christina Dodson
- “There’s value in having a time each week to ask your spouse how they feel like you are treating them, and if there is anything you can be working on as a husband or wife to make your marriage better.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The long term gain from being selfless is worth far more than any short term gains from being selfish.” - Christina Dodson
- “Commit to praying for your spouse everyday for 30 days as a way to learn to be selfless in your marriage.” - Christina Dodson
- Thank you to Groove Life for sponsoring this podcast episode! Groove Life has the Groove ring that is the world's first breathable active ring that is not only super comfortable but functional. Born from need, GROOVE raises the bar on traditional silicone, activewear rings with its flexible material, patent-pending, inner breathable design, and beautiful colors. You can use the code “awesomemarriage” for 15% off your order!