In this episode Dr. Kim & Christina talk about the #6 marriage mistake Dr. Kim sees in marriages; which is hurtful teasing. If it hurts your spouse, why are you doing it?
They discuss the difference between playful teasing and hurtful teasing. They share how to deal with hurtful teasing in your marriage and Dr. Kim gives some practical tips to avoid hurts in our marriage.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “You don’t get to be the judge of whether or not something is hurtful to your spouse, they do.” - Christina Dodson
- “The right kind of playful teasing can connect you to your spouse.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “If you know your spouse is insecure about something you should not tease them about it.” - Christina Dodson
- “We can’t change our spouse, that is God’s job.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Hurtful teasing can be something that gradually erodes a relationship.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “When you are making fun of your spouse all the time, they realize that they can’t be themselves around you.” - Christina Dodson
- Thank you to Groove Life for sponsoring this podcast episode! Groove Life has the Groove ring that is the world's first breathable active ring that is not only super comfortable but functional. Born from need, GROOVE raises the bar on traditional silicone, activewear rings with its flexible material, patent-pending, inner breathable design, and beautiful colors. You can use the code “awesomemarriage” for 15% off your order!