In this episode Dr. Kim and Christina talk about the #4 marriage mistake Dr. Kim sees in marriages, which is always having to be right.
You’ve heard Dr. Kim say it before - when you win a fight with your spouse - you lose! Because your marriage loses. And if your marriage loses; where’s the win in that?
Winning battles while losing the war is a marriage mistake far too many of us get trapped in when it comes to our marriages. Dr. Kim gives some great insight and direction into this issue.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Someone might want the momentary feeling of knowing they ‘won’ a fight in their marriage but long haul, no one is winning when one spouse has ‘won.’” - Christina Dodson
- “Nobody wants to be around someone who thinks they’re right all the time.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “When your spouse feels like they always have to be right it makes you feel inadequate and voiceless.” - Christina Dodson
- “You should never feel like you are voiceless in your marriage.” - Christina Dodson
- “If you have a hard time apologizing, then it’s likely you have a hard time being wrong.” - Christina Dodson
- “We need to be able to admit when we are wrong and to be able to tell our spouse when we are sorry.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “If you are not vulnerable with anyone else in the world, work on being vulnerable with your spouse.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “We aren’t called to be right, we are called to be humble.” - Christina Dodson