We love romance and it’s easy to think that when your marriage is struggling or needs a boost - some big romantic gestures will fix it. But what makes a marriage awesome is not the big things, more often than not it’s the little things. The daily practices, the rhythms and routines we create as habits, the small things done over a consistent period of time that really make the difference in marriage.
In this episode Dr. Kim & Christina talk about just that - the little things that make a marriage awesome.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Letting our spouse know we’re thinking about them when they don’t think we’re thinking about them makes a difference.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The surprise connection points and planned consistent connection are the little things that really matter.” - Christina Dodson
- “An important little thing is making time to do whatever your spouse loves.” - Christina Dodson
- “Love doesn’t have to be a dramatic gesture to be love. It has to be intentional and small daily practices.” - Christina Dodson
- “The little things you do in your marriage are like the foundation of a house; you can’t see it but if it begins to break the whole house is in trouble.” - Christina Dodson
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.
- Want to talk about sex?! Take our Love Making Survey to open up the way for you and your spouse to work towards better sex and intimacy in marriage! This month’s resource is our Love Making Survey and it is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse. This survey is a nonthreatening way to evaluate your sex together. The questions are designed to get you thinking about all aspects of your love making and to shed light on ways your sex could be more satisfying.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!