This episode is a real treat because we have Beth & Jeff McCord joining Dr. Kim. Beth founded Your Enneagram Coach and is an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher.
Beth & Jeff live outside of Nashville and have been married for 24 years. Combining the gospel and the Enneagram has been instrumental in Beth and Jeff's marriage and parenting.
The Enneagram is simply a map for self-discovery and personal growth based on 9 basic personality types.
When we come to know what’s at the root of our thoughts, feelings and actions, we can stop placing unhealthy and unrealistic expectations on our spouses to “fill us up.” Our marriages can be transformed when our eyes are open to the unique ways our spouse was created, allowing us to better love, serve, communicate and resolve conflict. The Enneagram is simply a tool to self discovery and others discovery. And like Dr. Kim is always saying, we need to be “a student of our spouse.” The Enneagram is one way to do just that.
In this episode Dr. Kim, Beth & Jeff share about how they have used the Enneagram to help create a thriving, gospel-centered marriage.
- “When a heart is at rest from the truth of the Gospel, all kinds of fruits come from that.” - Jeff McCord
- “The Enneagram is like a rumble strip on the highway; you can use it to wake yourself up and not fall into the common pitfalls that you have before.” - Beth McCord
- “The Enneagram gives you a way to navigate and understand marriage in a way that you might not have been able to before.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The Enneagram accelerates growth and transformation when you use it correctly.” - Beth McCord
- “We can be assured that God cares about our marriages, maybe even more than we do.” -Jeff McCord
- “The Enneagram is a tool that gives us vocabulary and an organized way to understand our spouse’s personality.” - Jeff McCord
- “The Enneagram allows us to speak to each other in one another’s personality dialect.” - Beth McCord
- “Using the Enneagram is a great way to become a student of (or study) your spouse.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Two people that are the same Enneagram number can look and act radically different depending on their levels of health.” - Beth McCord
- “The Enneagram gives you an opportunity as a married couple to embrace your differences.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The Enneagram shows us that we all see the world differently.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Groove Life for sponsoring this podcast episode! Groove Life has the Groove ring that is the world's first breathable active ring that is not only super comfortable but functional. Born from need, GROOVE raises the bar on traditional silicone, activewear rings with its flexible material, patent-pending, inner breathable design, and beautiful colors. You can use the code “awesomemarriage” for 15% off your order!
- Find everything you need at becomingus.com! Including the course for YOUR marriage’s Enneagram combination. Beth & Jeff have a ‘Becoming Us Course’ for each couple type combination. That is 45 courses customized for each couple type combination. They go deeper into the “dance” (relational dynamics) and give you practical resources and insights to help transform your marriage.
- Buy ‘Becoming Us’ today!
- Not sure what your Enneagram Type is? You can take the free assessment here! Also be sure to take the FREE MARRIAGE ASSESSMENT here.
- Learn more about each type with this FREE SUMMARY!
- Check out more great insights by Beth on her blog.
- Discover your Enneagram number with the Discovering You course. Already know your Enneagram Type? Then it’s time to take a deeper dive with the Explore You course.
- You can get some one-on-one coaching with Your Enneagram Coach here.
- Do you or your spouse struggle with confidence? You aren’t alone if so! Snag our new resource Confidence Busters & Boosters to help cultivate confidence in each other and build up your marriage.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!