The holidays are coming and that excites some of you but stresses others out. The holidays season, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas can put a lot of extras on our calendars and in our budgets. It can be a time where couples fight a lot or expectations aren’t met.
All of us want to have good holidays with our spouse and family, but often we don’t prepare well so that we can execute that well.
In this episode Dr. Kim and Christina talk about holiday marital stress and how to prepare for the holidays with your spouse.
Tune in to learn how to prepare well for the holidays!
- “You have to increase your knowledge and awareness of each other in your marriage.” - Christina
- “Don’t wait until the week before a holiday to let family know if you’re changing your usual holiday plans.” - Dr. Kim
- “Have your holiday plans set by October to avoid stress later on.” - Dr. Kim
- “Have conversations with your spouse about how to make the holidays less stressful.” - Dr. Kim
- “Make sure there’s alone time for just you and your spouse in the holiday plans.” - Dr. Kim
- “Decide what your priorities are for your family for the holidays.” - Dr. Kim
- “Boundaries aren’t punitive, they’re for saving relationships.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.