What does it mean to be a wife? How can we prepare well to be good wives? In a world where the world “wife” is displayed so differently depending on where we are turning to, it can be really confusing. Christian women who are planning to get married have desires to be a godly wife. But most of us don’t know how to prepare for that.
In this episode Amanda Taylor joins Dr. Kim to talk about preparing to be a wife.
Tune in to learn how to prepare to be a wife!
- “When you prioritize your spouse over your children, you are modeling a healthy marriage for your kids.” - Dr. Kim
- “You have to depend on Jesus in order for your marriage to work.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Selfishness can wreak havoc on a marriage.” - Amanda Taylor
- “I think selfishness is the biggest problem we struggle with in life.” - Dr. Kim
- “Ask women whose marriages you admire for advice and wisdom.” - Amanda Taylor
- “The couples that I see that are doing well in their marriage are always working on their marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “You can avoid a lot of potential trouble when you’re married if you lay a strong foundation when you’re engaged.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Putting your husband’s needs above your own can be so hard but it’s worth it.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Really think through your marriage vows and what they mean before you say them on your wedding day.” - Amanda Taylor
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.