In this episode Dr. Kim has long time friend of the podcast, Debra Fileta, back on the show talking about Love In Every Season.
Debra Fileta is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates. She's also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships.
Dr. Kim and Debra discuss her latest book: Love in Every Season: Understanding the Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship. Just as nature cycles through seasons, relationships rotate through stages that can either make or break your love life. Each season plays an important role in taking a relationship to the next level, and depending on how you navigate each season, your relationship will either flourish and grow or slowly die.
So many of you loyal listeners are in a season of transition right now or adjusting to your new season. This is a great conversation and Debra gives us some interesting things to think about and practical advice on how to love well in each season.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Just as nature cycles through seasons so do relationships.” - Debra Fileta
- “Relationships are like plants; if you give too little your relationships will die, but if you give too much your relationships will also die.” - Debra Fileta
- “A lot of people mistake selflessness for passivity.” - Debra Fileta
- “Conflict is the invitation to deeper connection.” - Debra Fileta
- “Compatibility is about our ability to come together in the ways we are different.” - Debra Fileta
- “Persevering through the hard times in marriage is part of God’s plan for us and He walks with us through it.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Seasons weren’t meant to be stayed in. They are meant to be passed through.” - Debra Fileta
- “Whether or not we feel love we can plant the seeds of love in our marriage which will eventually bear fruit.” - Debra Fileta
- “If I’m only responsible for me and I can’t change my spouse, what can I allow God to do in my heart?” - Debra Fileta
- “When we start getting healthy on our own it automatically moves our relationship in a healthy direction.” - Debra Fileta
- “If you feel stuck in a winter season of your marriage, I invited you to make an appointment with a licensed counselor who can help walk with you through that season and help you find the unhealthy roots that need to be snipped so new growth can happen in your life.” - Debra Fileta
- “Sometimes we get so used to the familiar that we don’t realize the familiar isn’t healthy.” - Debra Fileta
- “What you see in dating you will see in marriage.” - Debra Fileta
- “Healthy singles makes healthy dating which makes healthy marriages.” - Debra Fileta
- “You need to have people that love you and that love Jesus who are able to speak into your dating relationship and point out things they see in it that might not be healthy.” - Debra Fileta
- “There’s no shame in struggling in marriage, it’s just about how we allow God to use the struggle for His glory and for our health.” - Debra Fileta
- “How we love God really impacts how we love each other.” - Debra Fileta
- Thank you to Groove Life for sponsoring this podcast episode! Groove Life has the Groove ring that is the world's first breathable active ring that is not only super comfortable but functional. Born from need, GROOVE raises the bar on traditional silicone, activewear rings with its flexible material, patent-pending, inner breathable design, and beautiful colors. You can use the code “awesomemarriage” for 15% off your order!