“Peace” and “wedding planning” may seem like 2 things that don’t go together. But we want to help you keep the peace during your wedding planning process. This is part 2 of a conversation with Dr. Kim & Amanda Taylor talking about all things wedding planning and how to do this well with your relationship intact and healthy ready to start your new marriage.
Amanda is the owner of Embellished Weddings here in Oklahoma City where she plans and coordinates weddings. Because Amanda has planned so many weddings, she has an up close look at couples during this time. I can’t for you to hear what she shares in this episode!
Tune in to learn how to keep the peace during wedding planning.
- “Communicate and talk through expectations with your family about their level of involvement in your wedding.” - Amanda Taylor
- “A lot of problems related to family that come up in the wedding planning phase were already there before the couple was engaged.” - Dr. Kim
- “Know your future spouse and what level of input they want to have in the wedding planning process.” - Dr. Kim
- “Embrace who your future spouse is, their quirks, sense of humor, and personality, during the wedding planning process.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Set your wedding budget based on what is important to you as a couple and stick to it!” - Amanda Taylor
- “The amount of money spent on the wedding does not define what the wedding is going to be.” - Dr. Kim
- “Don’t go into debt for your wedding.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.