Weddings are a big deal and wedding planning can be extremely stressful. Tensions are high and family is involved and it seems like there are so many emotions and expectations that are swirling around. It’s enough to make you go crazy! And maybe some of us do just that - go a little crazy.
Well we want to avoid the crazy as much as we can and learn to keep the peace during wedding planning.
In this episode Amanda Taylor joins Dr. Kim to talk about keeping the peace during wedding planning. Amanda is a return guest on the podcast. Amanda and Colby have been married for 12 years and have 6 beautiful children. Amanda is the owner of Embellished Weddings here in Oklahoma City where she plans and coordinates weddings. Because Amanda has planned so many weddings, she has an up close look at couples during this time.
Tune in to learn how to keep the peace during wedding planning.
- “The point of the wedding is the marriage.” -Amanda Taylor
- “I tell every couple right before their wedding to soak in these moments and remember that you’re marrying the person of your dreams.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Enjoy being engaged - don’t talk about your wedding every time you’re together.” - Amanda Taylor
- “It is possible to enjoy planning your wedding, it doesn’t have to be a stressful experience.” - Amanda Taylor
- “Don’t get so caught up in the wedding planning that you forget about who you’re engaged to.” - Amanda Taylor
- “There is a big difference between cold feet and a red flag.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.