We are continuing our Enneagram Series with Beth McCord talking about How to Have A Thriving Relationship with an Enneagram 9. For the next several weeks Beth will be breaking down some real, practical tips for being married to each Enneagram number.
If you are married to a 9 this is YOUR episode. But even if you aren’t married to a 9, we know you will find this episode helpful in learning more about your 9 friends. Part of loving people is knowing people. So use this series as a tool to know your people better, understand them deeper, and love them better.
Beth McCord founded ‘Your Enneagram Coach’ and has been an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher for over 17 years. She is seriously the best of the best so we are so blessed to have her share her time and expertise with us.
Having been trained by the best Enneagram experts and pouring hundreds of hours into advanced certifications, Beth is leading the industry in simplifying the deep truths of the Enneagram from a Biblical perspective. Beth does one-on-one coaching, in-person events and workshops and online courses. She also offers training and support for those interested in becoming an Enneagram coach. So make sure you give her a follow on Instagram @yourennegramcoach and check out her website yourennegramcoach.com for more great info.
We pray you enjoy learning more about 9s in this episode!
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Type 9s are the peacemakers: easy going, non-judgemental, they love harmony with others.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s are all able to see the viewpoints from all other personality types.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s avoid conflict and tension at all cost.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s core fear is being in any kind of conflict, tension or discord.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s desire to have inner stability and peace of mind.” - Beth McCord
- “Unhealthy Type 9s merge their needs, desires and wants with those around. They lose themselves just to go with the flow.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s just want everyone to be happy.” - Beth McCord
- “Because Type 9s can understand things from different perspectives they make excellent mediators.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s long to hear, ‘Your presence matters.’” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s are excellent listeners.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s can struggle with knowing how to talk about their needs and wants in a direct way.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s have a hard time saying no because they’re afraid of displeasing people.” - Beth McCord
- “If you’re married to a Type 9, it’s important to let your spouse know that it’s ok to say no.” - Dr. Kim
- “It’s very painful for a Type 9 to be overlooked.” - Beth McCord
- “It’s important for a Type 9 to know how to set healthy boundaries with others so that they’re not taken advantage of.” - Beth McCord
- “Approach conflict with a Type 9 with gentleness, responsiveness, and patience. It may take them some time to figure out how they really feel about something.” - Beth McCord
- “Let your Type 9 know the good things that you see in them because they can’t see it in themselves.” - Beth McCord
- “Treating a Type 9 like they treat you will go a long way.” - Dr. Kim
- “Ask a Type 9 why they did what they did can help you understand them and can help them verbalize their motivations.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s are extremely stubborn, when they don’t want to do something, it ain’t happening.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s are extremely big hearted and they have a place in their heart for everyone.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 9s want everyone to be accepted and loved for who they are.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.
- Find everything you need at becomingus.com! Including the course for YOUR marriage’s Enneagram combination. Beth & Jeff have a ‘Becoming Us Course’ for each couple type combination. That is 45 courses customized for each couple type combination. They go deeper into the “dance” (relational dynamics) and give you practical resources and insights to help transform your marriage.
- Buy ‘Becoming Us’ today!
- Not sure what your Enneagram Type is? You can take the free assessment here! Also be sure to take the FREE MARRIAGE ASSESSMENT here.
- Learn more about each type with this FREE SUMMARY!
- Check out more great insights by Beth on her blog.
- Discover your Enneagram number with the Discovering You course. Already know your Enneagram Type? Then it’s time to take a deeper dive with the Explore You course.
- You can get some one-on-one coaching with Your Enneagram Coach here.
- Want to talk about sex?! Take our Love Making Survey to open up the way for you and your spouse to work towards better sex and intimacy in marriage! This month’s resource is our Love Making Survey and it is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse. This survey is a nonthreatening way to evaluate your sex together. The questions are designed to get you thinking about all aspects of your love making and to shed light on ways your sex could be more satisfying.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!