We are continuing our Enneagram Series with Beth McCord talking about How to Have A Thriving Relationship with an Enneagram 7. For the next several weeks Beth will be breaking down some real, practical tips for being married to each Enneagram number.
If you are married to a 7 this is YOUR episode. But even if you aren’t married to a 7, we know you will find this episode helpful in learning more about your 7 friends. Part of loving people is knowing people. So use this series as a tool to know your people better, understand them deeper, and love them better.
Beth McCord founded ‘Your Enneagram Coach’ and has been an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher for over 17 years. She is seriously the best of the best so we are so blessed to have her share her time and expertise with us.
Having been trained by the best Enneagram experts and pouring hundreds of hours into advanced certifications, Beth is leading the industry in simplifying the deep truths of the Enneagram from a Biblical perspective. Beth does one-on-one coaching, in-person events and workshops and online courses. She also offers training and support for those interested in becoming an Enneagram coach. So make sure you give her a follow on Instagram @yourennegramcoach and check out her website yourennegramcoach.com for more great info.
We pray you enjoy learning more about 7s in this episode!
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “The core fear of a Type 7 is being deprived, trapped in emotional pain, bored, or missing out on something fun.” - Beth McCord
- “The core weakness for a Type 7 is gluttony: the feeling that they have a great emptiness inside and they have an insatiable desire to fill themselves up with experiences and stimulation in hopes of feeling completely satisfied and content.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s long to hear, ‘You will be taken care of.’” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s love rich and deep relationships.” - Beth McCord
- “It can bother a Type 7 when they feel like people don’t take them seriously.” - Beth McCord
- “When Type 7s are doing well they speak in a fun, lively, upbeat and optimistic way.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s loathe mundane and boring tasks.” - Beth McCord
- “It is difficult for the Type 7s to focus exclusively on serious things.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s defense mechanism is reframing; to take whatever is negative and turn it into a positive.” - Beth McCord
- “Because people are so used to the Type 7 being positive and upbeat all the time, it might be hard for the Type 7 to let people know that they are wanting to be serious about something.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s have the gift of seeing the positive in a negative situation.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s bring a new and fresh outlook to any given situation.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s are very resilient people, it’s hard to keep a Type 7 down.” - Beth McCord
- “One thing that I saw before I knew about the enneagram was how so many successful couples embraced each other’s differences and appreciated learning more about their spouse.” - Dr. Kim
- “Type 7s love to enjoy and share stimulating conversation, laughter, fun, and spontaneous activities whenever possible.” - Beth McCord
- “Realize that Type 7s dislike the mundane and boring so ask them, ‘how can we make this fun?’” - Beth McCord
- “Try to approach conflict with a Type 7 with positivity, ideas, and affirmations.” - Beth McCord
- “Try to resolve conflict with a Type 7 in an interesting way: take a walk, eat at a fun restaurant, etc.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s have an optimistic creativity.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 7s can bring joy and positivity to heavy and dark situations that we all need.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.
- Find everything you need at becomingus.com! Including the course for YOUR marriage’s Enneagram combination. Beth & Jeff have a ‘Becoming Us Course’ for each couple type combination. That is 45 courses customized for each couple type combination. They go deeper into the “dance” (relational dynamics) and give you practical resources and insights to help transform your marriage.
- Buy ‘Becoming Us’ today!
- Not sure what your Enneagram Type is? You can take the free assessment here! Also be sure to take the FREE MARRIAGE ASSESSMENT here.
- Learn more about each type with this FREE SUMMARY!
- Check out more great insights by Beth on her blog.
- Discover your Enneagram number with the Discovering You course. Already know your Enneagram Type? Then it’s time to take a deeper dive with the Explore You course.
- You can get some one-on-one coaching with Your Enneagram Coach here.
- Want to talk about sex?! Take our Love Making Survey to open up the way for you and your spouse to work towards better sex and intimacy in marriage! This month’s resource is our Love Making Survey and it is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse. This survey is a nonthreatening way to evaluate your sex together. The questions are designed to get you thinking about all aspects of your love making and to shed light on ways your sex could be more satisfying.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!