We are continuing our Enneagram Series with Beth McCord talking about How to Have A Thriving Relationship with an Enneagram 6. For the next several weeks Beth will be breaking down some real, practical tips for being married to each Enneagram number.
If you are married to a 6 this is YOUR episode. But even if you aren’t married to a 6, we know you will find this episode helpful in learning more about your 6 friends. Part of loving people is knowing people. So use this series as a tool to know your people better, understand them deeper, and love them better.
Beth McCord founded ‘Your Enneagram Coach’ and has been an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher for over 17 years. She is seriously the best of the best so we are so blessed to have her share her time and expertise with us.
Having been trained by the best Enneagram experts and pouring hundreds of hours into advanced certifications, Beth is leading the industry in simplifying the deep truths of the Enneagram from a Biblical perspective. Beth does one-on-one coaching, in-person events and workshops and online courses. She also offers training and support for those interested in becoming an Enneagram coach. So make sure you give her a follow on Instagram @yourennegramcoach and check out her website yourennegramcoach.com for more great info.
We pray you enjoy learning more about 6s in this episode!
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “Type 6s are reliable, hardworking, dutiful, and very steady people to be around.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s can foresee problems that might be coming and they’re fiercely loyal to those that they love.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s do really well with groups; they want the best for everyone.” - Beth McCord
- “The core fear of a Type 6 is fear itself, being without support or security.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s core weakness is anxiety.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s are constantly scanning the horizon of life trying to predict and prevent negative outcomes, especially worst case scenarios.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s can stay in a constant state of apprehension and worry.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s don’t have an inner critic, they have an inner committee that is constantly telling them all the outcomes to a situation.” - Beth McCord
- “The core longing of a Type 6 is to hear ‘You are safe and secure.’” - Beth McCord
- “There’s a wide range of different types of Type 6s, it’s a complex personality type.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s have so much good discernment, they just don’t trust it.” - Beth McCord
- “A healthy Type 6 has an amazing sense of humor, is witty, and engages in great conversations.” - Beth McCord
- “When a Type 6 is struggling they can be over-reactive, anxious, skeptical, and suspicious.” - Beth McCord
- “Have patience and kindness when communicating with a Type 6 and strive for clarity.” - Beth McCord
- “Know when you’re communicating with a Type 6 the more ambiguous and unclear you are the more they fear that something bad is happening.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s are always thinking; their mind does not stop.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s need time to process and seek advice before making a decision so it can be difficult to put a Type 6 under pressure.” - Beth McCord
- “If a Type 6 sees someone not being genuine or honest, that can really set them off.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s can smell someone who is fake from a mile away.” - Beth McCord
- “Being lied to or the possibility of being abandoned will set a Type 6 off.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s are immediately going to think of the worst case scenario.” - Beth McCord
- “If you’re in a relationship with a Type 6, try to realize that they could spin out at any moment at any time from anything, so the more clarity you can bring to a situation, the better.” - Beth McCord
- “Knowing your personality type and knowing how you best can bring clarity to a conflict situation with a Type 6 is super helpful.” - Beth McCord
- “Listen to your Type 6; don’t judge them for their anxiety and fears.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s want to know that their spouse is a safe place for them to share their inner fears and anxieties without being judged.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 6s are the glue of society; they are loyal, committed, and keep us together.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.
- Find everything you need at becomingus.com! Including the course for YOUR marriage’s Enneagram combination. Beth & Jeff have a ‘Becoming Us Course’ for each couple type combination. That is 45 courses customized for each couple type combination. They go deeper into the “dance” (relational dynamics) and give you practical resources and insights to help transform your marriage.
- Buy ‘Becoming Us’ today!
- Not sure what your Enneagram Type is? You can take the free assessment here! Also be sure to take the FREE MARRIAGE ASSESSMENT here.
- Learn more about each type with this FREE SUMMARY!
- Check out more great insights by Beth on her blog.
- Discover your Enneagram number with the Discovering You course. Already know your Enneagram Type? Then it’s time to take a deeper dive with the Explore You course.
- You can get some one-on-one coaching with Your Enneagram Coach here.
- Want to talk about sex?! Take our Love Making Survey to open up the way for you and your spouse to work towards better sex and intimacy in marriage! This month’s resource is our Love Making Survey and it is designed to help you have a safe, genuine conversation about your sex life with your spouse. This survey is a nonthreatening way to evaluate your sex together. The questions are designed to get you thinking about all aspects of your love making and to shed light on ways your sex could be more satisfying.
- Become a Marriage Changer and receive some sweet exclusive benefits. Learn more here!
- Sign up to get Dr. Kim’s One Thing To Grow Your Marriage Each Day via email, text, or podcast here!