We are continuing our Enneagram Series with Beth McCord talking about How to Have A Thriving Relationship with an Enneagram 2. For the next several weeks Beth will be breaking down some real, practical tips for being married to each Enneagram number.
If you are married to a 2 this is YOUR episode. But even if you aren’t married to a 2, we know you will find this episode helpful in learning more about your 2 friends. Part of loving people is knowing people. So use this series as a tool to know your people better, understand them deeper, and love them better.
Beth McCord founded ‘Your Enneagram Coach’ and has been an Enneagram speaker, coach and teacher for over 17 years. She is seriously the best of the best so we are so blessed to have her share her time and expertise with us.
Having been trained by the best Enneagram experts and pouring hundreds of hours into advanced certifications, Beth is leading the industry in simplifying the deep truths of the Enneagram from a Biblical perspective. Beth does one-on-one coaching, in-person events and workshops and online courses. She also offers training and support for those interested in becoming an Enneagram coach. So make sure you give her a follow on Instagram @yourennegramcoach and check out her website yourennegramcoach.com for more great info.
We pray you enjoy learning more about 2s in this episode!
- “What Type 2’s are longing to hear is that they are wanted and loved.” - Beth McCord
- “Healthy Type 2’s are filled with the knowledge that they are loved by God and don’t need to seek the affirmation or approval of others to feel fulfilled.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 2’s come into any situation with the fear of being rejected.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 2’s need to know that it’s ok for them to take care of themselves, because that will allow them to better serve others.” - Beth McCord
- “Use the sandwich method when delivering feedback to a Type 2: lots of affirmation and encouragement (the bun), then deliver the feedback in a kind way (the meat), then ending with affirmation and encouragement (the bun).” - Beth McCord
- “There are helpful ways to communicate with each enneagram type and when we embrace and accept that things will go so much smoother in our relationships.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “The way that you want to receive love might be different from how your spouse wants to receive love.” - Beth McCord
- “Be specific when thanking and showing appreciation to a Type 2.” - Beth McCord
- “Recognize that rejection is a huge fear of Type 2’s.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 2’s are extremely gifted at knowing how to help people.” - Beth McCord
- “In any conflict with a Type 2, it’s important to let them know that you know they meant well.” - Beth McCord
- “Type 2’s want to be heard and to talk about their own feelings without being given advice.” - Beth McCord
- “To resolve conflict with a Type 2, it is important to be warm, affectionate, and relationally connected to them. If you don’t feel like you’re able to have that approach then it’s helpful to let a Type 2 know that you need time to get there.” - Beth McCord
- “If you need to give your Type 2 feedback, never do that in front of other people.” - Beth McCord
- “If there’s one thing to know about a Type 2, it’s that they fear rejection more than anything else.” - Beth McCord
- “God has given Type 2’s a super power to know what people’s needs are, but if their help is not wanted this can cause problems.” - Beth McCord
- “The biggest struggle in being married to a Type 2 is the intrusiveness of a Type 2.” - Beth McCord
- Thank you to Groove Life for sponsoring this podcast episode! Groove Life has the Groove ring that is the world's first breathable active ring that is not only super comfortable but functional. Born from need, GROOVE raises the bar on traditional silicone, activewear rings with its flexible material, patent-pending, inner breathable design, and beautiful colors. You can use the code “awesomemarriage” for 15% off your order!