Do you feel beaten down by your spouse? Does it feel like nothing you do is ever right or good enough for your spouse? Well you certainly aren’t alone. It can really wear on a marriage when one spouse is overly critical. In this episode Dr. Kim & Christina share about what to do when your spouse is critical.
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode and get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox!
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- “If it’s not normal for your spouse to be very critical of you, ask yourself what might be going on to make them act that way. “ - Christina Dodson
- “Use Stop, Look, Listen when communicating with your critical spouse.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “If you’re delivering criticism to your spouse, make sure you do it in a loving, grace-filled way that they will hear the heart behind what you’re saying.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Give your spouse time to process any criticism that you’ve given them.” - Christina Dodson
- “If my spouse has something critical that’s of value to say to me, I want her to be able to say it.” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “Before giving your spouse criticism, ask yourself three questions: ‘Should it be said? Should it be said by me? Should it be said now?” - Dr. Kim Kimberling
- “When giving your spouse feedback, don’t speak negatively. Speak to the potential that you see in them.” - Christina Dodson
- Thank you to Honoring Intimates for sponsoring this podcast episode! Honoring Intimates is a safe place for believers to learn about marital sex and shop for the highest quality lubricant, lotions, and lingerie items at reasonable prices. There are no inappropriate images on the site and the company uses mannequins to display their lingerie. Use the code “AWESOMEMARRIAGE” to receive 20% off your entire order.