The holidays can highlight grief and loss in our life. It’s a time that is centered around nostalgia, memories, and family. So it’s no surprise that the holidays can bring up a lot of grief for people who have experienced loss.
In this episode Dr. Kim and Christina talk about grief and how to support each other as a married couple as one or both of you grieve.
- “During the holidays, set aside time to think about the person you’ve lost. ” - Dr. Kim
- “Don’t smother your feelings, take time to grieve your lost loved one.” - Dr. Kim
- “Don’t feel like you have to say the perfect thing to your grieving spouse. Just be there for them.” - Dr. Kim
- “The way you deal with grief is by going through it.” - Dr. Kim
- “You can cling to the promises of God found in the Bible when you’re grieving.” - Christina
- “Jesus shows us that it’s ok to grieve.” - Dr. Kim
- “God can handle your questions and anger.” - Christina
- “Everyone experiences grief differently.” - Dr. Kim
- “Give your spouse lots of grace as they grieve.” - Dr. Kim
- “You can’t fix the situation for your spouse but you can walk with them through it.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.