Well we love it when you guys send it topics you want us to cover! One listener recently suggested we cover what it means to “come alongside your spouse.” It’s something Dr. Kim says a lot, what does it practically mean? How would Dr. Kim define this method that he so often encourages us to do?
In this episode, Dr. Kim goes deep into describing it and defining it for us.
- “Coming alongside your spouse is the visual representation of walking in unity together and supporting one another as a married couple.” - Christina
- “Coming alongside your spouse is the manifestation of being on the same team as your spouse.” - Dr. Kim
- “Something is wrong if you’re in a marriage and you feel like you’re all alone.” - Dr. Kim
- “How you come alongside your spouse might look different from how your spouse comes alongside you; we all receive love and support in different ways.” - Dr. Kim
- “Ask yourself: is what you’re doing right now going to help you have an awesome marriage?” - Christina
- “If it’s important to your spouse make it important for you.” - Dr. Kim
- “The worst loneliness is when you’re in your house with your spouse and you feel lonely. You’re not coming alongside each other in your marriage, you’re just coexisting” - Dr. Kim
- “It’s so important to have empathy in a marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “We may not always understand why our spouse feels the way they do but we can accept that they are feeling that way and come alongside them.” - Dr. Kim
- “How you handle your differences in marriage will either draw you together or tear you apart.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.