Everyone has the same amount of time - 24 hours in a day. But so many of us struggle to manage this time well. Some of us say yes to way too many things and then that leaves us burnt out and miserable. Others of us don’t use our time wisely enough and don’t steward their time well to get done what they need to get done.
In the fast paced, hustle glorified, culture that we live in where everyone has access to you all the time it can be really hard to set limits on our time. But if we don’t plan well, our time will just pass us by. But if we do plan well and set up healthy boundaries, we can have healthier relationships, a better marriage, and get off the "hustle til you’re burnt out" game that way too many of us are playing.
In this episode, Dr. Kim and Christina share about the importance of setting up time boundaries and how to implement them.
- “You have to be an example for your kids of what it looks like to prioritize your spouse.” - Dr. Kim
- “You have to manage your time to plan for the future.” - Christina
- “Make sure your schedule reflects your priorities.” - Dr. Kim
- “Make a habit of doing the things that are important to you.” - Dr. Kim
- “When we feel like we’re constantly busy we often don’t take the time to do things that are going to have long-term benefits on our marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “There’s no shortcut to having time with your spouse; you have to make quality time with them happen.” - Dr. Kim
- “We had to learn to say no, even to good things, if they would get in the way of us spending quality time together and investing in our marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “Decide as a couple where you want you want to prioritize your time and then build the rest of the things you do in life around that.” - Dr. Kim
- “It’s a red flag that you’re not doing a good job of prioritizing your marriage if you haven’t talked to your wife in so long that you forgot what her name is.” - Dr. Kim
- “Take the time to address red flags in your marriage as soon as you see them; it will save you so much time in the long run.” - Dr. Kim
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.