What does it look like to honor our marriage, protect our marriage, and still have honoring relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ?
So many couples want to know what is okay and not okay when it comes to friendships with the opposite sex.
In this episode, Dr. Kim and Christina share about safe boundaries, why they are important, and how to implement them practically.
- “Establishing boundaries with the opposite sex is one of the ways we accomplish the goal of having an awesome marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “Having boundaries in place with the opposite sex protects you and your marriage.” - Dr. Kim
- “Never say you can’t be tempted; we are all sinners and can be tempted.” - Dr. Kim
- “Boundaries aren’t a lack of freedom; they’re ensuring the safety of your marriage.” - Christina
- “You’re not going to have a good marriage if you’re only thinking about yourself.” - Christina
- “A good thing to ask yourself is, ‘Am I ok with my spouse seeing this text or email that I’m sending to someone of the opposite sex?’” - Dr. Kim
- “It’s much easier to ignite a flame that’s already been lit than to start a new fire; don’t keep in touch with your ex boyfriends and girlfriends.” - Christina
- Thank you to Plant Package for sponsoring this podcast episode! With Plant Package, the prep work of gardening is done for you. Plant Package is delivered straight to your door with easy instructions on how to plant your fun new plant that even someone with a black thumb could execute! Plant Package selects durable seasonal plants, an appropriate and stylish container, sends just the right amount of soil and plant food, and includes instructions for assembly and plant care. The Plants can thrive indoors or outdoors – the choice is yours! Use the code “awesome” to receive a FREE Starter Kit with your order. Starter kits include gardening gloves, a gardening shovel, and farm hand’s soap. Simply select “ADD STARTER KIT” and enter the code AWESOME on the payment checkout page.